Workshop invitation: ESA CCI Soil Moisture in support of global climate monitoring
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the ESA CCI Soil Moisture user workshop, which will be held on 15 November 2018 at the Technische Universität Wien, Vienna.
Since 2012, TU Wien, EODC, VanderSat and their partners have successfully implemented ESA’s Climate Change Initiative for Soil Moisture. ESA CCI Soil Moisture produces the most consistent long-term global soil moisture data record based on active and passive microwave sensors and currently provides a set of products from 1978 to the end of 2017. ESA CCI Soil Moisture has received over 6000 registrations for download, has directly supported the publication of over 200 peer reviewed papers, and feeds into several operational services.
The objective of this workshop is to:
- give an overview of ESA CCI Soil Moisture and its support to ESA’s primary CCI programme goals;
- demonstrate how ESA CCI Soil Moisture has supported international climate observing activities (e.g. IPCC, Global Climate Observing System);
- demonstrate how ESA CCI Soil Moisture has advanced science in climate research and other domains;
- show how ESA CCI Soil Moisture supports the operational services provided by C3S and others;
- identify new applications based on operational long-term soil moisture products,
- show how ESA CCI Soil Moisture has led to Austria taking a key role in the scientific development of Essential Climate Variable products from Earth observation.
The workshop is open both to presenters and non presenters. The workshop is free of cost and includes lunch at the location.
Abstracts can be submitted online until 4 October 2019. Submission details can be found at http://cci2018.geo.tuwien.ac.at/call-for-abstracts/
Participants without presentation are requested to register at http://cci2018.geo.tuwien.ac.at/registration/
We look forward to welcoming you in Vienna soon!
Microwave Remote Sensing
Sept. 18, 2018